The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2006.The Department has a team of dedicated, well qualified and experienced faculty which includes professors to provide in depth knowledge and training in the field of Mechanical engineering covering energy, thermal, design, manufacturing, industrial management, and to expose to the latest research, development and techniques so as to cater to the growing needs of the Industries and to mould the students. The department offers an under graduate program B.E.( Mechanical Engineering) and a post-graduate program M.E. (Thermal Engineering).
Mechanical Engineering involves the design, manufacture or operation of any product or system that moves and uses or produces energy. As a mechanical engineer, the knowledge and skills of the students will be applied from design right through to product usage. Mechanical Engineering programme integrates theory with practical learning through design projects with industry partners, solving real-life problems, providing first-hand insights into complete design cycles in commercial enterprises, and linking you to industry even before graduating. The versatility of Mechanical Engineering opens up a wide array of career options, from the traditional aerospace, automotive and manufacturing industries, to robotics, biomedical technology, energy systems and sustainable technology.
The department has well experienced and dedicated faculty members with many active researchers with active involvement in R & D projects. All the laboratories in the department are well equipped to carry out the experiments of both UG/PG programmes. Many of the faculty members have presented their research papers in International conferences.
The department has also developed good contacts with reputed core companies and many students take up their internship training / project works in these companies. The department organizes many training/faculty development programmes for the faculty/technical staff and students periodically. Invited lectures from renowned personalities are regularly arranged for the benefit of the students and staff members of the department. The department encourages the faculty and students to attend conferences, workshops and other training programs to enhance their technical skills. The students of the department are well placed in many of the reputed companies throughout the world.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To accomplish eminence and become a centre of excellence for higher learning through dedicated development of minds, advancement of knowledge and Professional application of skills to meet the global demands.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Develop the intellectual strength of students and guiding them towards technical advancement.
- Synergise the efforts of department, inspire creativity and foster excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Nurture the development of mind, skill, and attitude and core competence of students.
- Attain leadership in planning and resource management so as to improve the quality and accessibility of technical education.
- Enable students shine in their academic pursuits, making them sensitive to the needs of the progressive industrial world.
- Organize a pluralistic and supportive environment that will stimulate scholars, students and staff of the highest caliber and contribute immensely to the process of Nation building through partnership with Community and Industry.
The department is functioning with well equipped and state-of-art laboratories for the following disciplines; Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioorganic chemistry, Instrumental Method of Analysis, Bioprocessing & Downstream Processing, Chemical Engineering, Immunology, Genetic Engineering and Molecular Biology
Sree sastha offers joint programs and trainings with top organizations!
Training Program on 1-D & 2-D Structural Analysis using ANSYS
Students of Mechanical Engineering won the Overall Trophy Daksh-18 at Sastra University
Students undergoing Internship at Industry
A Novel Energy Saving Method For Air-Conditioning Systems Using Phase Change Materials In Cold Storage funded by Department Of Science And Technology , Government of India
Indian Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers has approved a grant for Ms.Monisha and team
Fluid Mechanics Lab
|1||DR. SHANMUGASUNDARAM ANANDAN||MECH||PROFESSOR & PRINCIPALemail@example.com|
|2||C.KARTHIKEYAN||MECH||AP & AHODfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||MK.JAWAHAR||MECH||AP & HODemail@example.com|
|18||S. KARTHICK RAM||AERO||APfirstname.lastname@example.org|