The Department of Bio-medical Engineering was started within SREE SASTHA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY. The program is well structured to make the students understand the recent advancements in the field of biomedical engineering. Understanding the recent advancement will enrich their skillsets and make them excel in their career as researchers and engineers. Bio-medical engineering program of Sree Sastha Institute of Engineering and Technology (SSIET) is designed to make students understand the advancements such as Robotics based medical technologies, Sensors based diagnostics, Bio-MEMS, Medical coding and Medical equipment’s. This program will make the students more unique in understanding the needs of the market in the field of medical diagnostics to provide an overall enhancement in the health care.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering offers UG in Biomedical Engineering. Moving beyond the boundaries, Department of Bio-medical engineering also offers various one credit courses on Medical Instrumentation, Medical Coding, Medical Image analysis and Medical robotics. These courses help the students to understand recent advancements and the market demand beyond the planned curriculum delivery. Students were also being motivated by the workshops and invited talks given by various experts from different industries, research boards and eminent professors from different parts of the world.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To create a platform for the budding engineers to work on the research and technology in field of biomedical engineering for the betterment of the society to make the next generation better.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To make students involve in the technological advancement in the field of biomedical engineering by knowledge transfer and research
- To impart students the needed skillsets towards the industrial needs and become better engineers in the field of biomedical engineering.
- To motivate the faculty members and students to involve in the research and development on biomedical engineering.
PROGRAM OUTCOME (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
A graduate of the Bio Medical Engineering Program will demonstrate:
PSO1 : Professional Skills: An ability to apply concepts in Bio Medical Engineering to design and implement complex systems in the areas related to Analog and Digital Electronics, Communication, Signal processing ,VLSI and Embedded systems.
PSO2 : Competitive Skills: An ability to make use of acquired technical knowledge for successful career and qualifying in competitive examinations at the National and Global levels.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The graduates will
PEO1 : Demonstrate technical competence in identifying, analyzing and designing innovative, sustainable and cost effective solutions for complex problems.
PEO2 : Adapt to rapid changes in tools and technology with an understanding of societal and ecological issues relevant to professional engineering practice through life-long learning.
PEO3 : Work successfully in collaborative and multi-disciplinary environments upholding professional and ethical values or pursue higher studies or research.